Provide a secure fit to encourage you to explore the river.
Feel the current. Read the water. Move with confidence. Exploring the river is what we, as anglers, do. And you don’t need years of experience to understand that good footing is part of becoming intimate with your environment. Our Headwaters® Boa® Boot takes your footing seriously. We designed this boot for a snug, precise fit and agile movement over unseen river bottoms. You can say goodbye to the clumsy old-school wading boot feel. The Boa® lacing system secures your whole foot for a responsive fit and confident footing. It’s finished with a Vibram® outsole that is designed for maximum traction.
- BOA® lacing system
- Waterproof nubuck leather
- Full scratch rubber rand
- Dual‐density midsole for shock absorption
- ESS plates for improved cleat retention & proprioception
- 62.4 oz.
- Vibram® soles boast innovative compounds and technical sole patterns, specifically developed to meet the challenges of many different environments and applications.
- The Boa® Lacing System provides custom-comfort with smooth, even closure and no pressure points. Easy, one-handed adjustment with a secure hold that is built to last. Featuring a wire lace made of 49 strands of aircraft-grade stainless wire cable and bombproof nylon reel guides that are designed to take all of the abuse that you can throw at them. The system is designed to be easily user-repairable and replaceable. Request free replacement parts online via the Boa® Dialed In for Life™ Guarantee. www.theboasystem.com/support
Boa® Boot Care
If using in saltwater always clean and rinse to prevent corrosion.
Use a brush to remove dust and dirt. Choose an old vegetable brush or toothbrush. Do not use bar soap or detergents.
Do not place wet boots close to a heat source (fireplace, campfire, wood stove, radiator, heater, sunny windowsill) as this can weaken adhesives and cause materials to become brittle or shrink.
Dry using natural methods (air dry) and try to keep them out of the sun for long periods of time. Boots dry faster when positioned upside-down. If desired, stuff a sheet or two of newspaper into each boot to absorb moisture. Change the paper each hour.
If you see any mold on your boots, brush in a mixture of 80% water and 20% vinegar.
Store boots in a place where temperatures are stable and normal. Do not store footwear in attics, garages, car trunks or any unventilated spaces.
Never put boots in washing machine.
Boa® Closure System Care:
We recommend regular cleaning of the eyelets and reel mechanism to prevent sand and silt from prematurely wearing on the cables. Use the tool provided to remove the reel and rinse thoroughly on a regular basis. This will ensure a long life for your Boa® system.
Boa® cables will need replacing over time just like a normal lacing system.
Boa® replacement cables are available on the Simms website or you can purchase spares at most fly shops. Always a good idea especially on destination trips.