Lightweight, high-output boots meet all day comfort.
Lightweight, high-output boots meet all day comfort Wade confidently in Simms’ award-winning Women’s VaporTread® Boot, powered by a hiker-inspired design and the always-agile VaporTread™ underfoot platform. Features include the unmatched durability of a synthetic leather, textile and scratch-rubber upper. Partially-lined neoprene internals add appreciated wading warmth, cushioning, and easy-on/easy-off performance. And Simms’ precision women’s fit – that works with your feet for bolstered support from bottom to top – puts a long haul to feeding fish within easy reach.
- Waterproof synthetic leather, rip‐stop nylon & scratch rubber upper
- Partial neoprene lining & anatomical collar
- ESS plates for improved cleat retention & proprioception
- 44.9 oz.
- CleanStream™ is a design philosophy that runs through our line of wading footwear. While not specific to a product feature, this designation does indicate that the product includes features and/or materials that are more resistant to “hitch-hiking” organisms – have less exposed stitching, fewer ridges & pockets and utilize non-absorbent materials – all making the boots easier to inspect, clean and dry faster. All of these elements assist anglers in doing their part to prevent the spread of invasive species.
- The New VAPORTREAD™ is designed for the adventurous angler looking for an innovative piece of footwear that is both trail-ready and wading-ready perfect for accessing remote, prisitine backcountry fishing holes. The molded 3D footbed with arch support and ball flex aligns the foot for all day comfort and optimizes biomechanics. A molded TPU heel clip secures the heel and adds lateral stability for all day hiking and wading. The molded dual-density EVA midsole creates additional cushioning for hiking comfort and enhanced proprioception. Trying to reduce weight for the trail a molded, minimal TPU retentioin plate was hidden between the midsole and outsole to provide light weight cleat retention and to enhance proprioception. For long lasting traction on trails, slip resistance in water and toe protection, a revolutionized molded VIBRAM® IDROGRIP® rubber outsole with $MM self-sharpening multi-directional lugs was created.
- Vibram® soles boast innovative compounds and technical sole patterns, specifically developed to meet the challenges of many different environments and applications.
If using in saltwater always clean and rinse to prevent corrosion.
Use a brush to remove dust and dirt. Choose an old vegetable brush or toothbrush. For maximum thoroughness, remove laces prior to cleaning. Use specialized boot cleaner, saddle soap or maybe a mild dishwashing soap with luke-warm water.
Do not use bar soap or detergents.
Do not place wet boots close to a heat source (fireplace, campfire, wood stove, radiator, heater, sunny windowsill) as this can weaken adhesives and cause materials to become brittle or shrink.
Dry using natural methods (air dry) and try to keep them out of the sun for long periods of time. Boots dry faster when positioned upside-down. If desired, stuff a sheet or two of newspaper into each boot to absorb moisture. Change the paper each hour.
If you see any mold on your boots, brush in a mixture of 80% water and 20% vinegar.
Over time the use of leather conditioners may provide increased water repellency and can prevent cracking and drying of the leather.
Store footwear in a place where temperatures are stable and normal. Do not store footwear in attics, garages, car trunks or any unventilated spaces.
Never put footwear in washing machine.